What makes you decide to read a new book?
Sometimes for me, a book’s title is enough. When I was prepping this list, one book title stopped me in my tracks. I had to find out what The Man in the Microwave Oven by Susan Cox was all about. I don’t normally read mysteries, but this one might be heading to my TBR pile.
I’ll also pick up a new book because of a well-designed book cover. Spellbreaker by Charlie N. Holmberg has a gorgeous cover. I really need to stop staring at it and finish writing this post so I can put it on hold.
Speaking of holds, we would be happy to put any of these new books on hold for you! Download this New Book Order Form (PDF) and return it to any desk in the Library.
Other ways to place holds:
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Click on any of the links below to log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Featured New Releases
Hidden in Plain Sight by Jeffrey Archer
William Warwick has been promoted to Detective Sergeant, but his promotion means that he and his team have been reassigned to the Drugs Squad. They are immediately tasked with apprehending a notorious drug dealer. As his team closes the net around a criminal network like none they have ever faced before, William devises a trap they would never expect.
The Candlelit Menagerie by Caraline Brown
In late eighteenth-century London, Lillian, a freakishly tall woman who struggles to fit into society because of her size and desire to wear trousers, discovers a candlelit exotic animal emporium, where she finds her natural home taking care of and befriending wild animals brought from around the world.
A Forgotten Murder by Jude Deveraux
The third Medlar Mystery! An English manor home, an unsolved mystery, too many suspects to count – it’s the perfect holiday for romance novelist Sara Medlar. To solve a decades-old missing person case, Sara reunites everyone who had been at the manor on the night of the disappearance. But someone is willing to continue to kill to keep the truth about Oxley Manor buried, and none of the guests are safe.
The Man in the Microwave Oven by Susan Cox
Fleeing from a murder and family tragedy in her native England, Theo Bogart changed her name and built an undercover life in a close-knit San Francisco neighborhood. Now, Theo fears her secrets are about to be uncovered. When the woman who threatened to expose her is murdered, Theo is embroiled in the kind of jeopardy she crossed an ocean to escape.
Spellbreaker by Charlie N. Holmberg
Elsie Camden learned as a girl that there were two kinds of wizards in the world: those who pay for the power to cast spells and those, like her, born with the ability to break them. Elite magic user Bacchus Kelsey is one elusive spell away from his mastership when he catches Elsie breaking an enchantment. To protect her secret, Elsie strikes a bargain.
Of Bears and Ballots: An Alaskan Adventure in Small-Town Politics by Heather Lende
Writer Heather Lende runs for assembly member in Haines, Alaska – and wins. But tiny Haines isn’t the sleepy town it appears to be. From a bitter debate about expanding a fishing boat harbor to the matter of how to stop bears from rifling through garbage to the recall campaign that targeted three assembly members, witness how politics play out in one small town.
- Inside Story by Martin Amis
- The Golfer’s Carol by Robert Bailey
- Spindle City by Jotham Burrello
- Dear Child by Romy Hausmann
- One Bright Christmas by Katherine Spencer
- All Things Left Wild by James Wade
- White Ivy by Susie Yang
- A Galway Epiphany by Ken Bruen
- Shadow Sands by Robert Bryndza
- The Cutting Place by Jane Casey
- The Dirty South by John Connolly
- Fortune and Glory: Tantalizing Twenty-Seven by Janet Evanovich
- Murder at an Irish Christmas by Carlene O’Connor
- A Christmas Resolution by Anne Perry
- The Egyptian Cross Mystery: A Problem in Deduction by Ellery Queen
- The Preserve by Ariel S. Winter
- The Human by Neal L. Asher
- 1637: No Peace Beyond the Line by Eric Flint
- The Alpha Enigma by W. Michael Gear
- Every Breath You Take: Exploring the Science of Our Changing Atmosphere by Mark Broomfield
- Flight Lines: Across the Globe on a Journey with the Astonishing Ultramarathon Birds by Andrew Darby
- The Complete One Pot: 400 Meals: Skillet, Sheet Pan, Instant Pot, Dutch Oven + More by America’s Test Kitchen
- Decoding the World: A Road Map for the Questioner by Po Bronson and Arvind Gupta
- Beautifully Broken: An Unlikely Journey of Faith by Paige Wetzel
- Payton and Brees: The Men Who Built the Greatest Offense in NFL History by Jeff Duncan
- The Indomitable Florence Finch: The Untold Story of a War Widow Turned Resistance Fighter and Savior of American POWs by Robert J. Mrazek