Halloween is almost here, so you know what that means. A bunch of new Christmas books are out! At least they’re mostly about murder. Again with all the murder. I’m starting to wonder about you.
Speaking of you and murder, do you want to solve one? Check out our new virtual program #GetLit: Hunt a Killer. Each month we will gather together and open a new evidence box full of ciphers, clues and objectives that must be solved in order to catch the killer! #GetLit programs are meant for ages 18 – 40(ish).
Our next case takes place on October 13, at 7:00 PM, on Zoom. When a small-town class reunion turns deadly, a private investigator reaches out to you to help find the killer. What secrets are the seemingly innocent citizens of Chestnut Falls hiding?
There’s still time to register for this month. We hope to see your there!
Download this New Book Order Form (PDF) and return it to any desk in the Library. We would be happy to put any of these books on hold for you!
Other ways to place holds:
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Click on any of the links below to log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Featured New Releases
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
Between life and death there is a library, and within that library, the shelves go on forever. Every book provides a chance to try another life you could have lived. To see how things would be if you had made other choices. Would any of these other lives be better?
The End of the Day by Bill Clegg
A retired widow wakes to an unexpected visit from a friend she hasn’t seen in forty-nine years. An older man travels to meet his newborn granddaughter and collapses in a hotel lobby. A sixty-seven year-old taxi driver gets a jarring phone call. These seemingly disconnected lives come together as half-century old secrets begin to surface.
Gingerdead Man by Maya Corrigan
A new Five-Ingredient Mystery! When a man playing Santa is poisoned by one of her cookies at the Dickens of a Holiday festival, Val Deniston’s reputation is on the line and she and her granddad must race against time to catch a cookie-cutter killer.
Murder at Queen’s Landing by Andrea Penrose
The murder of a shipping clerk, the strange disappearance of trusted friends, rumors of corruption within the powerful East India Company – all add up to a dark mystery entangling Lady Charlotte Sloane and the Earl of Wrexford in a dangerous web of secrets and lies.
Holding Out for Christmas by Janet Dailey
A demure kindergarten teacher with dreams of Nashville stardom makes a difficult choice when she reunites with a smitten and wildly attractive rancher during an annual western-themed Christmas ball that launches a holiday season of romance and promise.
Agent Sonya: Moscow’s Most Daring Wartime Spy by Ben Macintyre
In 1942, in a quiet village in the English Cotswolds, a woman lived in a small cottage with her three children and her husband. Behind the facade of her picturesque life, Ursula Burton was the most important female spy in history: a Soviet agent code-named “Sonya,” who set the stage for the Cold War.
- Eli’s Promise by Ronald Balson
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria
- The Most Precious of Cargoes by Jean-Claude Grumberg
- Just Like You by Nick Hornby
- The Loop by Jeremy Johnson
- Happily This Christmas by Susan Mallery
- The Doctor of Aleppo by Dan Mayland
- The Brightest Star by Fern Michaels
- The Gift of Family by Mary Monroe
- Jack by Marilynne Robinson
- Unrestricted Access by James Rollins
- The Return by Nicholas Sparks
- The Talented Miss Farwell by Emily Gray Tedrowe
- Candy Slain Murder by Maddie Day
- Dying in a Winter Wonderland by Vicki Delany
- Christmas Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke
- And Now She’s Gone by Rachel Howzell Hall
- Mrs. Claus and the Santaland Slayings by Liz Ireland
- The Orphan’s Guilt by Archer Mayor
- Death on the Green by Catie Murphy
- Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody by Barbara Ross
- Night Shift by Annelise Ryan
- The Corpse Who Knew Too Much by Debra Sennefelder
- Varnished Without a Trace by Misty Simon
- Winner Cake All by Denise Swanson
- Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
- Fatal Roots by Sheila Connolly
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- The Backstabbers by William Johnstone
- Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan
- A Walk Along the Beach by Debbie Macomber
- Truth and Justice by Fern Michaels
- Fool’s Paradise by Robert B. Parker
- 1st Case by James Patterson
- The Summer House by James Patterson
- All the Devils Are Here by Louise Penny
- A Question of Betrayal by Anne Perry
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- Shadows in Death by J.D. Robb
- The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
- When Time Stopped: A Memoir of My Father’s War and What Remains by Ariana Neumann
- Killing Crazy Horse: The Merciless Indian Wars in America by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard
- Desolation Road by Christine Feehan
- Vendetta Road by Christine Feehan
- The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn
- Shades of Wicked by Jeaniene Frost
- Wicked Bite by Jeaniene Frost
- Red Pill, Blue Pill: How to Counteract the Conspiracy Theories That Are Killing Us by David Neiwert
- Having and Being Had by Eula Biss
- Battlegrounds: The Fight to Defend the Free World by H.R. McMaster
- World of Wonders: In Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments by Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- How to Astronaut by Terry Virts
- We’re Better Than This: My Fight for the Future of Our Democracy by Elijah Cummings