Who doesn’t like new books? My new book pile is so tall and precariously stacked that I’m a little bit afraid that it’s going to fall over and crush my dog. Does that make me an irresponsible dog owner? I’d better go read something—Molly’s life is at stake! The leaves will probably blow away on their own anyway.
Don’t let my terrible example dissuade you from checking out some new books from the Library. It won’t dissuade me.
We would be happy to put any of these new books on hold for you! Download this New Book Order Form (PDF) and return it to any desk in the Library.
Other ways to place holds:
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Click on any of the links below to log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Featured New Releases
Tiny Nightmares: Very Short Stories of Horror
A playful, inventive collection of chilling tales that are only a few pages long. Each slim, fast-moving story brings to life the kind of monsters readers love to fear, from brokenhearted vampires to Uber-taking serial killers and mind-reading witches.
Deception by Gaslight by Kate Belli
As a chill sets in on New York City in the winter of 1888, a jewel thief dubbed the “Robin Hood of the Lower East Side” has been stealing from the city’s wealthiest and giving to the poor. Genevieve Stewart – a young reporter – decides to chase the story, but gets more than she bargained for.
Still Life by Val McDermid
A lobster fisherman on an early morning run pulls in his traps and finds a body. At the same time, a woman clearing out her sister’s home finds a mysterious camper van in the garage containing a skeletonized body. The two cases will draw DCI Karen Pirie into the world of imposters, identity theft, and art forgery.
Tail for Two by Mara Wells
Carrie Burns has a successful business, a young son, Oliver, and an energetic Jack Russell terrier. She doesn’t have time in her busy schedule for her ex-husband, Lance, and his talk of working together again. But when she runs into Lance in the dog park, their lives are turned upside down.
Over the Woodward Wall by A. Deborah Baker
On an unplanned detour to school one morning, Avery and Zib find themselves climbing over a stone wall into the Up and Under – an impossible land filled with mystery, adventure and the strangest creatures. They must find themselves and each other if they are to also find their way out and back to their own lives.
This Just Speaks to Me: Words to Live by Every Day by Hoda Kotb
In her new collection of beloved quotes, Hoda Kotb offers inspiration, wisdom, and hope 365 days a year. She shares personal stories about people, moments, and acts of kindness that have carried her through joyful seasons and challenging times.
- Bone Harvest by James Brogden
- The Lost Love Song by Minnie Darke
- The Blind Light by Stuart Evers
- A Time for Mercy by John Grisham
- The Lost Shtetl by Max Gross
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- Jingle All the Way by Debbie Macomber
- A Wild Winter Swan by Gregory Maguire
- The Land by Thomas James Maltman
- Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy
- The Bell in the Lake by Lars Mytting
- Temptation on Ocean Drive by Jennifer Probst
- Thick as Thieves by Sandra Brown
- Bad Apple: A Novel of the Alamo by Lancaster Hill
- Hired Guns by William Johnstone
- The Coast-to-Coast Murders by James Patterson
- Hideaway by Nora Roberts
- The Order by Daniel Silva
- A Christmas Carol Murder by Heather Redmond
- Murder on Cold Street by Sherry Thomas
- A Pretty Deceit by Anna Lee Huber
- The Unspoken by Ian Smith
- Back Bay Blues by Peter Colt
- Snow by John Banville
- A Death Long Overdue by Eva Gates
- The Red Horse by James R. Benn
- A Song for Dark Times by Ian Rankin
- Owned by Fate by Tessa Bailey
- All Scot and Bothered by Kerrigan Byrne
- Dirty Charmer by Emma Chase
- A Highlander is Coming to Town by Laura Trentham
- Beauty and the Professor by Skye Warren
- Second Chance Angel by Griffin Barber
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by Victoria Schwab
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
- The Archive of the Forgotten by A.J. Hackwith
- A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher
- Didn’t See That Coming: Putting Your Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart by Rachel Hollis
- Can’t Even: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation by Anne Helen Petersen
- Let’s Brunch: 100 Recipes for the Best Meal of the Week by Belinda Smith-Sullivan
- Three-Ring Circus: Kobe, Shaq, Phil, and the Crazy Years of the Lakers Dynasty by Jeff Pearlman
- His Truth is Marching On: John Lewis and the Power of Hope by Jon Meacham