Do you know a child? Are you responsible for one? Are you, in fact, a child? (Do children even go to websites?) Well, we’ve got new books for you!
Honestly, the guy who posts these is on vacation this week, so we thought we’d try something different. Your regularly scheduled Adult New Books will return next week. Maybe. Ordering kind of slows down toward the end of the year. We’ll come up with something.
Until then, we would be happy to hold any of these new children’s books for you! Download this New Book Order Form (PDF) and return it to any desk in the Library.
Other ways to place holds:
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Click on any of the links below to log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Featured New Releases
The Very Last Leaf by Stef Wade
Lance Cottonwood is the best and brightest in his class, but when it is time for his final exam, he is afraid to fall like the rest of the leaves.
Goat in a Boat by Janee Trasler
A new Frog and Dog book. When Goat appears wearing a raincoat and invites all the animals to go for a boat ride on a sunny day, Dog declines but as heavy rain falls, Dog needs a boat, too.
A New Planet by A.I. Newton
The latest book in The Alien Next Door series. Stowing away on Zeke’s family’s spaceship, Harris and Roxy arrive on an alien planet where they are challenged to blend in by disguising themselves as locals.
The Witches by Roald Dahl, adapted by Penelope Bagieu
A scary, funny, and imaginative tale about a young boy and his grandmother, an expert on witches, who foil a witches’ plot to destroy the world’s children by turning them into mice.
Loretta Little Looks Back: Three Voices Go Tell It by Andrea Davis Pinkney
Loretta, Roly, and Aggie B., members of the Little family, each tell the vivid stories of their young lives, spanning three generations. Beginning in a cotton field in 1927 and ending at the presidential election of 1968, their stories come together to create one unforgettable journey.
The LEGO Games Book by Tori Kosara
Who can stack the tallest tower in 60 seconds? Can anyone solve the puzzle cube? With more than 50 fun challenges, puzzles, brainteasers, and games, get out your LEGO bricks and put your friends and family to the test.
Strong Voices: Fifteen American Speeches Worth Knowing
A collection of speeches that showcases the voices of those at the reins of power and of those who are not. Read the original words, sometimes abridged and sometimes in their entirety, that have shaped our cultural fabric.
- Mouse in the House by Russell Ayto
- Overground Railroad by Lesa Cline-Ransome
- Crocodiles Need Kisses Too by Rebecca Colby
- Letters from Bear by Gauthier David
- When Grandpa Gives You a Toolbox by Jamie L. B. Deenihan
- Golden Threads by Suzanne Del Rizzo
- The Elephants’ Guide to Hide and Seek by Kjersten Hayes
- Alphonse, There’s Mud on the Ceiling! By Daisy Hirst
- A Little Bit Brave by Nicola Kinnear
- Ronan the Librarian Tara Luebbe
- Attack of the Underwear Dragon by Scott Rothman
- Sugar in Milk by Thrity Umrigar
- Monster’s Trucks by Rebecca Van Slyke
- Lali’s Feather by F. Zia
- The Moon Keeper by Zosienka
Easy Chapter Books
- The Amazing Adventures of Batman: Bane Drain by Brandon Snider
- The Amazing Adventures of the DC Super-Pets: Cave of Kryptonite! by Steven Korté
- Meet the Crew at the Zoo by Patricia Reilly Giff
- Fox & Rabbit #2: Make Believe by Beth Ferry
- Donut Feed the Squirrels by Mika Song
- Geronimo Stilton Reporter #6: Paws Off, Cheddarface! By Geronimo Stilton
- Alone in the Woods by Rebecca Behrens
- Night of the Mask by Mike Ford (a Frightville book)
- Daisy and the Deadly Flu: A 1918 Influenza Survival Story by Julie Gilbert (a Girls Survive book)
- Tara and the Towering Wave: An Indian Ocean Tsunami Survival Story by Cristina Oxtra (a Girls Survive book)
- Rip to the Rescue by Miriam Halahmy
- Millionaires for the Month by Stacy McAnulty
- Camp Clique by Eileen Moskowitz-Palma (a Popularity Pact book)
- Becoming Muhammad Ali by James Patterson and Kwame Alexander
- The Campaign by Leila Sales
- The Rewindable Clock by Aaron Starmer (a Locker 37 book)
- The Candy Mafia by Lavie Tidhar
- Who Was Nellie Bly? by Margaret Gurevich (part of the Who Was series)
- Could You Be a Monster Wave Surfer? by Matt Doeden (a You Choose Extreme Sports Adventure)
- Could You Be an Extreme Rock Climber? by B. A. Hoena (a You Choose Extreme Sports Adventure)
- Guinness World Records 2021
- Sometimes People March by Tessa Allen
- A Crowded Farmhouse Folktale: A Traditional Yiddish Tale by Karen Rostoker-Gruber
- Shape Up, Construction Trucks! by Victoria Allenby
- Curious Comparisons: A Life-Size Look at the World around You by Jorge Doneiger
- Everything Awesome about Sharks and Other Underwater Creatures! by Mike Lowery
- First Look at a Black Hole: How A Photograph Solved a Space Mystery by Danielle Smith-Llera
- Tails from the Animal Shelter by Stephanie Shaw
- Ready to Fly: How Sylvia Townsend Became the Bookmobile Ballerina by Lea Lyon
- 50 Things You Didn’t Know about Ancient Rome by Sean O’Neill
- Desert Diary: Japanese American Kids Behind Barbed Wire by Michael Tunnell