Are you suddenly in charge of Thanksgiving because you’re not going to Grandma’s due to the pandemic? Are you just looking for something new to try this year? Did your Wi-Fi go down and you can’t access all of your recipes saved to Pinterest (hey, the Library is on Pinterest too)?
Well, the Library has got some stuff for you.
We’ve got cooking, baking, and after meal activities covered. And if you’d rather use those Pinterest recipes instead, we’ve got Wi-Fi hotspots, just in case.
We would be happy to put any of these new books on hold for you! Download this Thanksgiving Book Order Form (PDF) and return it to any desk in the Library.
Other ways to place holds:
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Click on any of the links below to log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Featured Thanksgiving Books
Thanksgiving: How to Cook It Well by Sam Sifton
A smartly written, beautifully illustrated, recipe-filled book from Sam Sifton, the Times’s resident Thanksgiving expert. With simple, fool-proof recipes for classic Thanksgiving staples, as well as new takes on old standbys, here are recipes for exciting side dishes and robust pies and festive cocktails, as well as cooking techniques and menu ideas that will serve you all year long.
Purely Pumpkin: More Than 100 Wholesome Recipes to Share, Savor, and Warm Your Kitchen by Allison Day
Bring the cozy warmth of pumpkin into your home with a seasonal, whole foods recipe set and earthy food photography. With savory and sweet recipes for all meals of the day – including a mouthwatering pumpkin dessert chapter – there’s no better way to celebrate, share, and savor the pumpkin harvest this season.
The Book on Pie: Everything You Need to Know to Bake Perfect Pies by Erin Jeanne McDowell
From dough and crust to fruit, custard, cream, and toppings, find and bake the perfect pie for your Thanksgiving feast. Check out 100 recipes for perfect pies by Food52 baking consultant, New York Times contributor, and top food stylist Erin Jeanne McDowell.
Walking Trails of Southern Wisconsin by Bob Crawford
Walk up an appetite! Discover new trails throughout Southern Wisconsin. This guide will steer you to natural and historical points of interest and to the most beautiful trails in our area.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)
Save room for popcorn! Neal Page (Steve Martin) wants to fly home to spend Thanksgiving with his family. Del Griffith (John Candy) leads Page on a hilarious, cross-country, wild goose chase that keeps him from tasting his turkey.
Parlour Games for Modern Families by Myfanwy Jones and Spiri Tsintziras
It’s game day – and we don’t just mean football. This book is bursting with games for all ages that you can play with just a dice, pack of cards, paper, and pen. There are games that will challenge you, and games that will have you cracking up; games to play while you wait for pie, and games that can last all night.
- How to Cook a Turkey and All the Other Trimmings by the Editors of Fine Cooking Magazine
- Friendsgiving: Celebrate Your Family of Friends by Alexandra Shytsman
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays by Ree Drummond
- Vegan Holiday Cooking from Candle Café by Joy Pierson
- Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain Celebrations: A Year of Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes for Every Occasion by Danielle Walker
- Appetites by Anthony Bourdain
- Cooking for Good Times: Super Delicious, Super Simple by Paul Kahan
- Cooks Illustrated All Time Best Holiday Entertaining
- My Drunk Kitchen Holidays! How to Savor and Celebrate the Year by Hannah Hart
- Taste of Home Holidays and Celebrations
- Around the Table: Recipes and Inspiration for Gatherings Throughout the Year by Martina McBride
- The Superfun Times Vegan Holiday Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- The Side Dish Bible: 1001 Perfect Recipes for Every Vegetable, Rice, Grain, and Bean Dish You Will Ever Need
- Mrs. Cubbison’s Best Stuffing Cookbook: Sensational Stuffings for Poultry, Meats, Fish, Side Dishes, and More by Leo Pearlstein
- Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked – and Fried, Too! A Celebration of Potatoes in 75 Irresistible Recipes by Raghavan Iyer
- Mom’s Best Made Easy by Taste of Home
- Tasty Ultimate: How to Cook Basically Everything
- Pie Camp: The Skills You Need to Make Any Pie You Want by Kate McDermott
- America’s Best Harvest Pies: Apple, Pumpkin, Berry, and More! by Linda Hoskins
- Best Cobblers and Crisps Ever: No Fail Recipes for Rustic Fruit Desserts by Monica Sweeney
- Holiday and Celebration Bread in Five Minutes a Day: Sweet and Decadent Baking for Every Occasion by Zoe Francois
- Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet & Savory Slab Pies by Cathy Barrow
- Rose’s Baking Basics: 100 Essential Recipes with More Than 600 Step-by-Step Photos by Rose Levy Beranbaum
- The Cookie Book: Decadent Bites for Every Occasion by Rebecca Firth
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Pie: More Than 50 Sweet and Savory Pies to Make at Home by Jennifer Katzinger
After Dinner Stroll
- Little Walks, Big Adventures: 50+ Ideas for Exploring with Toddlers by Erin Buhr
- Look Up! Bird-Watching in Your Own Backyard by Annette Cate
- Birdology: 30 Activities and Observations for Exploring the World of Birds by Monica Russo
- Walking with Glenn Berkenkamp: 35 Wellness Walks to Expand Awareness, Increase Vitality, and Reduce Stress by Glenn Berkenkamp
- Treasure Hunter’s Handbook by Liza Gardner Walsh
- Friendsgiving (2020)
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)
- What’s Cooking? (2000)
- Free Birds (2013)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)
- Grumpy Old Men (1993)
- Son-in-Law (1993)
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
- You’ve Got Mail (1998)
- The Treasury of Family Games by Jim Glenn and Carey Denton
- Shuffle and Deal: 50 Classic Card Games for Any Number of Players by Tara Gallagher
- The Penguin Book of Card Games by David Parlett
- Unbored Games: Serious Fun for Everyone by Joshua Glenn
- Project Kid: 100 Ingenious Crafts for Family Fun by Amanda Kingloff