Menomonee Falls Public Library is proud to announce that we have received grant funding from the Center for South Asia at UW-Madison as part of the “South Asia in Wisconsin” Wisconsin Books Project. The Library received full funding in the amount of $1,000 to go towards a new collection of cookbooks celebrating South Asian flavors and to host cooking classes with Alamelu Vairavan, esteemed cookbook author, chef, and host of the PBS television program Healthful Indian Flavors with Alamelu.
Want to learn more about South Asian cooking? Check out the following books from the Library!
- Indian Cooking for Dummies by Monisha Bharadwag
- Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre
- Tangy Tart Hot and Sweet by Padma Lakshmi
- Milk and Cardamom by Hetal Vasavada
- Masala Lab: The Science of Indian Cooking by Krish Ashok
- The Easy Indian Slow Cooker Cookbook by Hari Ghotra
- Asma’s Indian Kitchen by Asma Khan
- Authentic Indian Cooking with Your Instant Pot by Vasanti Bhadkamkarbalan
- The Three Sisters Quick and Easy Indian Cookbook by Sereena Kaul
- From Gujarat with Love: 100 Easy Indian Vegetarian Recipes by Vina Patel
- Vegetarian India by Madjur Jaffrey
- The Essential South Indian Cookbook by Srividhya Gopalakrisnan
- Made in India by Meera Sodha
- Thali by Maunika Gowardhan
- Mowgli Street Food by Nisha Katona
- Dishoom: The First Ever Cookbook from the Much-loved Indian Restaurant by Shamil and Kavi Thakrar
- The Indian Cooking Course: Techniques, Masterclasses, Ingredients, 300 Recipes by Monisha Bharadwaj
- Mumbai Modern: Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by Indian Roots and California Cuisine by Amisha Dodhia Gurbani
- Heavenly Vegan Dals and Curries: Exciting new dishes from an Indian Girl’s Kitchen Abroad by Rakhee Yadav
- The Food and Cooking of Pakistan: Traditional Dishes from the Home Kitchen
- The Nepal Cookbook by Association of Nepalis in the Americans
- The Rana Cookbook: Recipes from the Palaces of Nepal by Rohini Rana
- Lands of the Curry Leaf: A Vegetarian Food Journey from Sri Lanka to Nepal by Peter Kuruvita
- Cuisine of the Silk Road: The Authoritative Guide to Afghanistan and Pakistani Cooking by Christine Smith
Learn how to prepare fresh, vibrant South Asian cuisine with cooking show host Alamelu Vairavan! Alamelu’s cookbooks Healthful Indian Flavors with Alamelu and Vegetarian Flavors with Alamelu will be available for sale. This program is made possible with grant funding from UW-Madison’s Center for South Asian Studies.
Seating is limited. Call 262-532-8920 or register online to reserve your seat.
Two opportunities to attend!
- Monday, June 6, at 11:00 AM
- Monday, June 27, at 6:00 PM