Due to COVID-19, the library will be closed to the public through Saturday, December 5.
Curbside pickup will remain available. Call us at 262-532-8920 to schedule a pick up time or schedule a pick up spot online.
Not sure what to read next?
Our librarians are here to help! Answer a few questions about your favorite books and genres and receive a bundle of books specifically curated to your interests ready for pickup via curbside.
Library Service Changes due to COVID-19
Our goal during the pandemic is, and always has been, to serve our community to the best of our ability, as safely as possible for both you and our staff. Increasingly, Library staff members are having to quarantine, which is jeopardizing our ability to stay open. At any time, we may have to revert to Curbside only, or close our doors completely due to staff availability. In an attempt to keep patrons and staff healthy and stave off the anticipated increase in staff quarantines, we are making temporary changes to our service.
Starting on Monday, November 16, the following changes will take effect:
- Curbside hours increase – If you’re just picking up your holds, please consider using our contactless Curbside Hold Pickup service.
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- There is no Curbside service on Sunday
- Computer reservations will be limited to one hour per day. To make a computer reservation, call 262-532-8920.
- Please limit your visits to 15 minutes (excluding computer users). Study rooms are closed, and all other tables and chairs are unavailable.
- Meeting rooms are not available for reservations.
Now is a great time for library users to explore our digital offerings. Ebooks, streaming movies and music, digital magazines and comic books, and instructor-led online classes are available to you with your library card.
- Wisconsin’s Digital Library – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- hoopla – ebooks, comic books, digital audiobooks, streaming movies and music
- Flipster – digital magazines
- Gale Courses – hundreds of free, instructor-led, online classes
- And so much more…
For those of you without internet access at home, we have mobile hotspots available for checkout, and we are extending our Wi-Fi coverage into the parking lot.
We are also trying out some new ideas, especially for our adult patrons.
- Adult Activity Kits will be available at Curbside or in the front entrance. Our activity kits for kids and teens have been very popular, so we’re making kits designed specifically for adults.
- Adults and teens will have Librarian’s Choice Bundles available soon. Librarians Choice Bundles for Children will continue. Not sure what to read next? Answer a few questions, and based on your reading interests you’ll receive a selection of materials hand-picked by our librarians.
We know that some of these changes may be upsetting. These changes are temporary, but we truly believe they are necessary to keep the Library open as much as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please share them with our Director, Jacqueline Rammer. Reach her at 262-532-8931 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Menomonee Falls Public Library has instituted a mask mandate until further notice. All visitors 2 and up must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times during their visit. Face shields are not a substitute for a mask at this time. If you are unable to wear a mask, we will provide as much accommodation as possible, but cannot allow people in the library without a mask. Please take advantage of curbside pickup. Social distancing is required but is NOT a substitute to wearing a mask. Wearing a mask will keep everyone healthy and allow our doors to stay open.
- Everyone over the age of two is required to wear a mask while in the Library.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
Tested positive for COVID-19?
Don’t worry about overdue charges while you quarantine. Give us a call and let us know that your returns will be late. Then, schedule a time to drop off your items or return them in a plastic grocery bag with a note. We will quarantine the returned items.
What can I do at the Library?
- Pick up your holds inside the Library. If you would rather not enter the building, our Curbside Hold Pickup Service is still available.
- Return materials inside the Library, or at our drive-through book drop.
- Get a new library card, or renew an old one.
- Use the computers. Appointments recommended, but not required. Call 262-532-8920 to schedule an appointment.
- Use our Wi-Fi.
- Pay fines and fees.
- Browse our entire collection.
- Donate gently used materials.
Library Materials and COVID-19
We want everyone to feel safe checking out materials from our Library. However, we cannot guarantee that every item will be free of germs. We do not sanitize or quarantine our materials.
If you are worried about contamination, the latest research suggests that you wait 72 – 96 hours before touching library materials, a similar practice some use when bringing home grocery items. Please remember to wash your hands with soap and water often!
The Library may look a little different
For everyone’s safety:
- We have installed acrylic sneeze guards at all service desks.
- Visual reminders related to social distancing will be in place.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings.