The Library is open for business! Our entire collection is open for browsing, and many of our study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis, in addition to all the other services we have offered during the pandemic.
Help keep the Library safe! Please try to limit your visit to one hour.
What can I do at the Library?
- Pick up your holds inside the Library. If you would rather not enter the building, our Curbside Hold Pickup Service is still available.
- Return materials inside the Library, or at our drive-through book drop.
- Get a new library card, or renew an old one.
- Use the computers. Appointments recommended, but not required. Call 262-532-8920 to schedule an appointment.
- Use our Wi-Fi.
- Pay fines over $2 by check. Pay fines or fees over $5 by check or online with a credit/debit card. Cash is not accepted at this time.
- Browse our entire collection.
- Use a study room.
Our study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. They are not reservable.
Library staff will not clean rooms between users. If you use a study room, we highly recommend you clean surfaces with Library-provided cleaning products before use. Cleaning products can be found at the nearest Sanitation Station.
We recommend one occupant per room. More than two occupants per room is prohibited.
Please try to limit your time in the room to a maximum of two hours.
Library Materials and COVID-19
We want everyone to feel safe checking out materials from our Library. However, we cannot guarantee that every item will be free of germs. We do not sanitize or quarantine our materials.
If you are worried about contamination, the latest research suggests that you wait 72 – 96 hours before touching library materials, a similar practice some use when bringing home grocery items. Please remember to wash your hands with soap and water often!
- Everyone over the age of two is required to wear a mask while in the Library.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
The Library may look a little different
For everyone’s safety:
- We have installed acrylic sneeze guards at all service desks.
- Visual reminders related to social distancing will be in place.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings.
Our digital services will continue
Our staff has worked diligently during the pandemic to offer digital programming. We’ve offered storytimes, book discussions, and online trivia nights, and will continue to do so. Check out our events calendar to find out what we’re offering next.
You also have access to a robust selection of digital content including: