Overdrive users! If you haven’t switched to Libby yet, the time is now!
Libby provides an unmatched reading experience for all users. Download or stream eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies, and more from Wisconsin’s Digital Library using the Libby app. Libby is available from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft Store. Some features available in Libby that are not available in the Overdrive app include:
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- A best-in-class ebook reader that supports comics, magazines, and read-alongs
- Push notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Same look and feel on both Android and iOS devices
- Ability to export notes and highlights
- Tags to track favorite reads, wish lists, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay (Note: Android Auto is supported in both apps.)
- Sonos speaker integration
The Overdrive app will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Mircrosoft Store in February 2022. All users are encouraged to switch to Libby as soon as possible.
Libby is not currently available from the Amazon App Store. However, users can stream ebooks and audiobooks from their Kindle browser from wplc.overdrive.com or libbyapp.com, and deliver Kindle Books to a Fire tablet.