We Want You Back Fine Forgiveness Campaign 2017
Menomonee Falls Public Library wants you – and your overdue items – back!
February 13 – 25, 2017
- Renew or issue new library cards to as many eligible participants as possible and reconnect residents with all the library has to offer
- Recover overdue items, making them available to others
Who is eligible?
Any cardholder with MFPL fines or materials charges may come in and ask for fine forgiveness for themselves or their children. If a card needs updating or renewing, children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
How does it work?
Those wishing to participate must visit MFPL, in-person, during the two week campaign. Library staff will work with patrons to reactivate library accounts in addition to waiving all eligible fines and fees.
What fines or fees are eligible?
- Overdue fines on items that have been returned
- Processing fees, with the exception of collection service fees
- Card replacement fees
Items placed in the book drop and fines or fees from other libraries are not eligible for forgiveness. Accounts need to be settled during this two week campaign for savings to apply. Patrons who cannot make full payment for lost items during the campaign will be referred to the Circulation Supervisor.
What do I need to get a card?
- Valid photo ID
- Proof of current residence
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with valid photo ID and proof of current residence
What if I paid my fine last month? Can I get a refund?
The Library is unable to give refunds for previously paid fines. Take comfort in knowing your payment helps to support library services in your community.
Has the MFPL held a fine forgiveness program before?
Some fine forgiveness has been offered through our Food for Fines program in 2016, but never before has this type of campaign been offered. It may never happen again, so now is your chance.