The Position in Brief
The Village of Menomonee Falls is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and experienced library director who will lead the Menomonee Falls Public Library into the future. Under the direction of the Library Board, this position is accountable for all aspects of library operations including budget and policy development, human resources, marketing, collection development, services, and programs. This is a great opportunity for a charismatic and visionary library leader who can provide strategic direction, advocate for the Library, and build partnerships. The library director will lead a talented and enthusiastic team of 30 part-time and full-time employees.
Menomonee Falls is located in the northeastern corner of Waukesha County and is part of the Bridges Library System. With an estimated population approaching 39,000, it is the most populous village in Wisconsin. The Village has seen a population growth of over 4% since the 2010 census. Menomonee Falls is uniquely positioned to offer its residents small‐town charm as well as the modern convenience of being situated in the heart of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Region.
The Ideal Candidate
Menomonee Falls Public Library’s director must:
- Be eligible for a grade I Wisconsin Library Certificate
- Possess a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited university
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience as a director or assistant director, or five years’ experience and demonstrated leadership in a library administrative position
- Possess knowledge of public library philosophy, principles, procedures, and state statutes pertaining to libraries
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and volunteers
- Exhibit genuine confidence and approachability and excellent communication skills
- Have experience in budget preparation
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary range for this position starts at $81,556, plus excellent benefits. Village employees participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System, which is administered by the state of Wisconsin.
How to Apply
Apply with resume, cover letter, three work-related references, and the Village of Menomonee Falls Application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is April 30, 2020.
For more information visit: email: email@example.com, or call 262-532-8930.
The Village of Menomonee Falls is an Equal Opportunity Employer