Our goal during the pandemic is, and always has been, to serve our community to the best of our ability, as safely as possible for both you and our staff. Increasingly, Library staff members are having to quarantine, which is jeopardizing our ability to stay open. At any time, we may have to revert to Curbside only, or close our doors completely due to staff availability. In an attempt to keep patrons and staff healthy and stave off the anticipated increase in staff quarantines, we are making temporary changes to our service.
Starting on Monday, November 16, the following changes will take effect:
- Curbside hours increase – If you’re just picking up your holds, please consider using our contactless Curbside Hold Pickup service.
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- There is no Curbside service on Sunday
- Computer reservations will be limited to one hour per day. To make a computer reservation, call 262-532-8920.
- Please limit your visits to 15 minutes (excluding computer users). Study rooms are closed, and all other tables and chairs are unavailable.
- Meeting rooms are not available for reservations.
Now is a great time for library users to explore our digital offerings. Ebooks, streaming movies and music, digital magazines and comic books, and instructor-led online classes are available to you with your library card.
- Wisconsin’s Digital Library – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- hoopla – ebooks, comic books, digital audiobooks, streaming movies and music
- Flipster – digital magazines
- Gale Courses – hundreds of free, instructor-led, online classes
- And so much more…
For those of you without internet access at home, we have mobile hotspots available for checkout, and we are extending our Wi-Fi coverage into the parking lot.
We are also trying out some new ideas, especially for our adult patrons.
- Adult Activity Kits will be available at Curbside or in the front entrance. Our activity kits for kids and teens have been very popular, so we’re making kits designed specifically for adults.
- Adults and teens will have Librarian’s Choice Bundles available soon. Librarians Choice Bundles for Children will continue. Not sure what to read next? Answer a few questions, and based on your reading interests you’ll receive a selection of materials hand-picked by our librarians.
We know that some of these changes may be upsetting. These changes are temporary, but we truly believe they are necessary to keep the Library open as much as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please share them with our Director, Jacqueline Rammer. Reach her at 262-532-8931 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.