We are looking for two high school juniors and seniors to nominate for the Elize Aunahn Memorial Brainfuse Scholarship! To apply, fill out an application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by March 30.
About the scholarship
The Elize Aunahn Memorial Brainfuse Scholarship is a highly-selective scholarship for outstanding students from low-income households. Each year, Brainfuse will award scholarships of $4000 each to two deserving students, with the intent of helping them to realize their maximum potential. Awards will be issued to high school juniors and seniors who are seeking to attend technical training programs, community colleges, or four-year bachelor’s programs. Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the institutions to be attended by recipients.
Elize Aunahn, Vice President of Operations and Academics with Brainfuse for approximately twenty years, passed away on June 16, 2020. To honor her legacy and commitment to enhancing educational opportunities for deserving students, Brainfuse has established a scholarship fund in her name. The award is designed for low-income students who otherwise might be missed by traditional scholarship criteria.
Ideal candidates must have:
- A tireless work ethic as demonstrated through school, employment, volunteer contributions, and extracurricular activities,
- A successful academic record,
- Strong leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular activities, and other contributions),
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, and perseverance),
- Need for financial assistance.