Now that we’re back into the rhythm of a new school year, we wanted to highlight the many resources Menomonee Falls Public Library offers for students and their families.
In addition to our collection of books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, and music CDs, with your library card you have access to:
- Library Staff: Our knowledgeable staff can help you find information on subjects you are studying, look up specific titles, or give you some ideas on what to read next. Just ask!
- CAFÉ Catalog: Use our library system catalog to place holds on items while at home or at the library. Your library card grants you access to materials not only from our library, but also from other libraries in Waukesha and Jefferson Counties. Now available as an app!
- Computers: We have both internet and AWE gaming computers available for use in the building.
- Print Stations: Print your homework, emails, and more from our computers. Or print materials from your phone, Chromebook, or other personal device using our mobile printing service.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots: Need internet access? Our hotspots provide unlimited data for up to 10 devices.
- Library of Things: Check out all sorts of tools, activities, board games, video games, puzzles, and more with your library card!
- The Forge: Create, invent, and learn in our Makerspace designed for hands-on creativity. Makers under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian to ensure the responsible use of the facility, unless attending a Library program.
- Programs: We offer both online, take-home, and in-person activities, including storytimes, after-school LEGO Club and craft programs, Saturday family activities, take & make kits, and more! Please check our calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- Sensory-Friendly Resources: Make your library visits a success! Read our social story “This is My Library” together before a visit. While here, feel free to take a breather in our Quiet Room; this multi-purpose room is both a sensory room and family space. And don’t forget to check out our new sensory bags with your library card.
- HelpNow: This free online tutoring and study tool offers live online tutoring, a writing lab, test preparation, online meeting spaces, curated lessons and tutorials, customizable teaching tools, and more.
- OverDrive: Borrow digital e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-videos anytime, anywhere. Visit the website or use the Libby app on your Apple or Android device.
- Hoopla: Instantly borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, phone, or TV – no hold needed!
- Flipster: Read your favorite magazines online via a computer, tablet, or phone. Make sure to check out the Family & Kids category for popular titles like “Ranger Rick Jr.” and “Highlights.”
- Digital Databases: With your library card, you can access even more online resources, including:
- Britannica School: Elementary, middle, and high school sites provide level-appropriate reference articles, journals and magazines, the websites, multimedia, and curriculum content.
- Explora: Explore a collection of student-level reference sources, such as dictionaries and encyclopedias, as well as full-text magazine articles on topics of interest.
- NoveList K-8: Find reading recommendations that are just right for reading level and interests, along with author and series bibliographies.
- TeachingBooks: Use this database to find resources on children’s and young adult books, including short movies, audiobook excerpts of book readings, book discussion guides, and more.
Get a Library Card!
The best part of having your own library card is that it’s free. All kids who attend school in Menomonee Falls can get their own library card.
Before any trips to the Library, we ask that children and their caregivers familiarize themselves with our Safe Child Policy.
Visit MenomoneeFallsLibrary.org for more information on our programs, services, and resources. Contact the Children’s Department at 262-532-8915 or email@example.com if you have further questions.