Services Update 1-12-2021
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Library will offer limited in-person services.
Beginning Monday, January 18th, the Library lobby will be open for pick-up of held items and new material browsing Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with extended evening hours on Tuesdays until 7:00 PM. Computers will be available for one-hour reservations by appointment. Call 262-532-8900 to make an appointment.
Contactless hold pickup, printing from home, and reference services via phone and email are available. A variety of virtual and at-home programming is available for all ages. Homebound delivery is available for those who qualify.
Hours of Operation by Service
Lobby browsing, in-building holds pickup and computer appointments
- Monday: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday – Saturday: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Reference Assistance via phone and email
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Contactless/Curbside Holds Pickup via appointment
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00PM
- Friday – Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
The book drop is open 24/7.
Curbside Hold Pickup
The Library is happy to pull items for you to pick up! Don’t know how? Find out more about our Curbside Pickup service or call 262-532-8920.
Curbside Registration Deadlines
- For Monday appointments, you must register by 3:00 PM on Saturday.
- For Tuesday – Friday appointments, you must register by 7:00 PM the previous evening
- For Saturday appointments, you must register by 3:00 PM on Friday.
How to place a hold
- Call the Library at 262-532-8920
- Email your name, library card number, and hold requests to HoldRequests@menomonee-falls.org
- Log into our catalog and place the holds yourself
Please return all items by their due date. Our book drop is open 24/7. Larger items, and items that should not be placed in the book drop, can be returned at Curbside. Overdue fines still apply to materials returned after their due date.
Most items can be renewed. There are several ways to renew items:
- Call 262-532-8920
- Reply to the reminder email and ask for the item to be renewed
- Login to your account and renew the item yourself
How do I apply for a library card?
Apply for a temporary library card online today and have immediate access to our electronic resources. Finish your registration and receive your physical library card in person through our curbside service, or during our open browsing hours, by providing a valid photo ID proof of residence, like your driver’s license. Contact our reference staff at 262-532-8920 to setup your curbside appointment. Time it right and you could pick up your holds at the same time.
My library card is expired. Can I renew it?
Yes! If you get an emailed renewal notice, just reply to the email with a photo of your library card (barcode side) and a photo of a valid photo ID proof of residence, like your driver’s license. You can also renew at Curbside. Call 262-532-8920 to schedule your appointment, and let us know that you will be renewing your card. You may also renew your card during our open browsing hours.
Librarian’s Choice Bundles
Not sure what to read next?
Try a Librarian’s Choice Bundle.
Our librarians are here to help! Answer a few questions about your favorite books and genres and receive a bundle of books specifically curated to your interests ready for pickup via curbside.
- Request a Librarian’s Choice Bundle for Adults
- Request a Librarian’s Choice Bundle for Kids
- Request a Librarian’s Choice Bundle for Teens.
Do you need access to the internet? Check out one of our mobile hotspots and get Wi-Fi wherever you are.
Have a question about anything? Our reference librarians will find the answers. Call 262-532-8920 or email email@example.com.
Now is a great time for library users to explore our digital offerings. Ebooks, streaming movies and music, digital magazines and comic books, and instructor-led online classes are available to you with your library card.
- Wisconsin’s Digital Library – ebooks and digital audiobooks
- hoopla – ebooks, comic books, digital audiobooks, streaming movies and music
- Flipster – digital magazines
- Gale Courses – hundreds of free, instructor-led, online classes
- And so much more…
Just because the Library is closed to the public doesn’t mean we don’t have a lot going on. Check out our program calendar for all our upcoming virtual events.
Home Delivery services are available to Menomonee Falls residents who are unable to visit the Library due to illness, disability, or lack of transportation.
For any questions about the Library’s current levels of service during the pandemic, please contact Library Director Jacqueline Rammer at (262) 532-8931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.