Library Assistant – Reference/IT – Part-time
Menomonee Falls Public Library seeks a positive, customer-focused individual to join our team in serving the information needs of our community. The position requires the knowledge and skills to assist and support the technology concerns of staff and patrons. The ideal candidate also has excellent written and oral communication skills and is comfortable instructing others in a group or one-on-one setting.
- Work at both the adult and youth information desks answering questions, assisting with research and locating resources
- Assist with basic use and navigation of computer and technology resources (catalog, Internet, mobile devices, etc.)
- Coordinate and teach technology classes, assist with programming and library tours
- Assist with troubleshooting and performing regular computer system maintenance
- Participate in promotion of library collections, resources and programs using social media and other marketing media
- Participate in collection development and maintenance as assigned
Minimum requirement of under-graduate degree from a four-year college or university or any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. Computer proficiency and a comfort with technology are required. Organization, communication and customer service skills and a previous knowledge of library materials, methods and techniques are highly desirable.
24 hours/week – Applicants must be available to work some evenings, days and at least one Saturday/month as scheduled.
Compensation and Benefits
$15.40/ hour. Paid time off for eligible employees after one year.
Apply by submitting an official application, cover letter and resume by 4:30 PM on Thursday, October 19, 2017 to:
Business Manager Ellen Rohr
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Rd.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
*The Village of Menomonee Falls is an equal opportunity employer* M/F/D/V