Some distance learning courses require students to take proctored exams. A proctored exam is taken off-campus and is supervised by a qualified proctor. Menomonee Falls Library provides proctors for exams upon request.
Eligibility and Identification
Photo ID is required for verification of each student taking an exam.
There are no fees associated with proctoring exams.
- Anyone needing to take an exam should contact Karen Esvang (262-532-8912) to schedule an appointment. A minimum of two weeks in advance is requested.
- Exams must be taken during library open hours.
- Exams pending will be kept on file at the Adult Information Desk. Students should contact the Adult Information desk prior to the date of the exam to verify the test has been received.
- It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate transfer of the exam from the issuing institution to the library.
- It is the student’s responsibility to schedule and allow sufficient time for the test to be taken, and to meet any deadlines imposed by the issuing institution.
- The library will only retain completed exams if requested by the professor, and will only keep a completed exam for a week.
- The Menomonee Falls Public Library is not responsible for any delayed exam, or any completed exams once they leave the library.
- Cell phone use during the exam is prohibited.
- Proctors will not monitor the student continuously, but may check on them periodically. The library cannot guarantee that the areas around the exam area will be quiet.
- Proctors will enforce time or other restrictions placed on the exam by the issuing institution, or provided in the exam materials.
- If the exam is to be returned by mail, the student must provide postage paid envelope.