Are you looking for an amazing job? We’re on the lookout for awesome people to come work with us. When we have job openings, you can find them here.
Menomonee Falls Public Library seeks a customer-focused, tech-savvy, team player for a part-time Library Assistant – Reference position, focusing on library services for teens.
- Plan and implement library programs for teens
- Promote library services directly to teens through school visits, library tours and other outreach activities
- Work at both the adult and youth information desks answering questions, assisting with research and locating resources
- Assist with basic use and navigation of computer and technology resources (catalog, Internet, mobile devices)
- Offer suggestions and advice to patrons concerning reading preferences
- Assist with the promotion of library collections, resources and programs using social media and other marketing media
- Participate in collection development and maintenance as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum requirement of under-graduate degree from a four-year college or university or any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. Computer proficiency and a comfort with technology are required. Organization, communication and customer service skills and a previous knowledge of library materials, methods and techniques are highly desirable.
Hours: 24 hours/week – Applicants must be willing to work a minimum of two evenings/week and at least one Saturday/month as scheduled.
Compensation and Benefits: $15 per hour. Paid time-off for eligible employees after one year.
Apply by submitting an official application, cover letter and resume by 8:30 PM on Thursday, August 31, 2017 to:
Business Manager Ellen Rohr
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Rd.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051