Listed first are the resources provided by Menomonee Public Library for its patrons. At the bottom of this page are additional suggested resources that are freely-available on the internet.
Consumer Reports provides ratings, buying guides, product reviews and consumer Information from the experts at Consumer Reports magazine and Consumers Union. We have the current year, plus two years, of Consumer Reports magazine, and current and past year of Consumer Reports Buying Guide.
The library also has a subscription to ConsumerReports.org, which you can access with a valid library card.
We have a large selection of car repair manuals for old and newer model cars. We also have price valuing publications including: Kelley Blue Book, Truck Blue Book, Truck Identification Book, Automobile Red Book, Older Automobile Red Book, and Powersport Vehicle Blue Book.
- Angie’s List A consumer-driven organization that collects and distributes detailed customer satisfaction reports on local businesses in more than 150 categories.
- Autolist Menomonee Falls Used car sales data and listings.
- Better Business Bureau Nation-wide organization that voluntarily tracks in a fair way the conduct of businesses, service providers and charities, and provides an online search tool for looking up an organization’s record.
- Car Fax Vehicle history reports.
- Car Talk Information on buying, selling, fixing and maintaining cars, as well as other information, from the hosts of National Public Radio’s “Car Talk” show.
- CNET.com Provides reviews, news, and prices on tech products, as well as free downloads and newsletters.
- Consumer.gov (USA) A consumer-driven organization that collects and distributes detailed customer satisfaction reports on local businesses in more than 150 categories.
- ConsumerSearch.com Reviews hundreds of product reviews, analyzes them, distills the information shoppers need and recommends which products are the best.
- ConsumerWorld Consumer World has gathered over 1100 of the most useful consumer resources on the Internet.
- Do Not Call Wisconsin Do Not Call Registry. The Do Not Call Registry is a tool to reduce the number and frequency of unwanted calls.
- Edmunds Car Buying Guide Car buying guide lists new car prices, used car prices, car comparisons, car buying advice, car ratings, car values, auto leasing.
- Federal Consumer Information Center Answers to your questions about the Federal government and common consumer issues. The citizen’s help desk for everyday life.
- FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection – Consumer Information Consumer Protection is the online service of the Office of Consumer and Business Education of the Bureau of Consumer Protection. It offers the full text of consumer publications on a wide range of categories.
- Kelley Blue Book New & used car prices and value
- Retrevo: Reviews and Manuals for Consumer Electronics Search for consumer electronics products to find reviews, product manuals, information, and buying guides, mostly compiled from other websites.