The Library is happy to pull items for you to pick up! However, we can only pull items that are currently available at Menomonee Falls Public Library.
We are operating with limited staff to follow social distancing guidelines. We will fill your holds as quickly as possible, but wait times may be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
Pickups will be by appointment only.
Please arrive for your appointment on time. Follow social distancing guidelines while waiting for your checkout to be processed. Stay at least 6 feet away from other people, and avoid gathering in groups.
Hours for curbside pickup
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Curbside hold pickup is not available on Saturday or Sunday
Three steps to pick up materials
1. Place items on hold
- Search our catalog for items that are currently available.
- Put items you want on hold. There are three ways to do this:
- Place the hold yourself within our catalog
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, library card number, and the title, author, and format (e.g., Large Print, Playaway, etc.) of the items you want to be held.
- Call 262-532-8920
2. Schedule your curbside pickup appointment
- We will need at least one business day to fill your hold. Check your account online to see if your holds are ready for pickup. Your hold is ready when it has a status of “held.”
- Do not schedule your curbside pickup appointment until you have confirmed that your hold is ready to be picked up.
- Schedule your curbside pickup appointment online or call 262-532-8920 for help.
3. Pick up your items
- Arrive at the Library at your scheduled time.
- Outdoor signage at the library will guide you to the pickup table.
- Show us your library card through the window. Please make sure your barcode is visible.
- Your items will be placed on a table outside of the building for contactless pickup.
- Follow social distancing guidelines while waiting for your checkout to be processed. Stay at least 6 feet away from other people, and avoid gathering in groups.
The notice system is not active at this time. Please check your account online or contact the library to check your hold status.
No. At this time we are not able to get items from other libraries. This includes items that we own that were checked out to patrons of other libraries at the time of the shutdown.
All items are due back on June 1. You may return them early to our book drop. Please do not attempt to return items at the hold pickup table.
We will hold items for 7 days. Items scheduled for pickup will be held for 3 days after a missed pickup.
Contact the library as soon as possible to schedule another appointment or to cancel your holds.
You may pick up a hold for someone else, but you will need to bring their library card with you for identification, and you will need a separate appointment for each library card.
Our contactless system has been designed to follow social distancing guidelines, and to minimize risk to library staff. Staff will, when necessary, deliver items to patrons who require special accommodations. If you need special accommodations, call the library to make arrangements.
Unfortunately, we cannot be certain Library items are 100% virus-free. However, we are following CDC recommendations and we are taking precautions to prevent cross-contamination. Library materials are quarantined for 48 – 72 hours before being re-shelved, and we are following social distancing guidelines in the building as well as limiting the number of staff present.
We will also accept a photo ID, like a driver’s license or a state-issued ID.
Contact the library to get your card renewed. We cannot renew your library card at the hold pickup table.
You can reset your password online. Please do not ask for password assistance at the hold pickup table.
That would be awesome! But no.