The Library is happy to pull items for you to pick up!
We are operating with limited staff to follow social distancing guidelines. We will fill your holds as quickly as possible, but wait times may be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
Curbside Pickups are by appointment only.
Please arrive for your appointment on time. Follow social distancing guidelines while waiting for your checkout to be processed. Stay at least 6 feet away from other people, and avoid gathering in groups.
Hours for curbside pickup
- Monday – Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday – Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Curbside hold pickup is not available on Sunday
Three steps to pick up materials
1. Place items on hold
- Search our catalog for items that are currently available.
- Put items you want on hold. There are three ways to do this:
- Place the hold yourself within our catalog
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, library card number, and the title, author, and format (e.g., Large Print, Playaway, etc.) of the items you want to be held.
- Call 262-532-8920
2. Schedule your curbside pickup appointment
- We will need at least one business day to fill your hold. Check your account online to see if your holds are ready for pickup. Your hold is ready when it has a status of “held.”
- Do not schedule your curbside pickup appointment until you have confirmed that your hold is ready to be picked up.
- Schedule your curbside pickup appointment online or call 262-532-8920 for help.
3. Pick up your items
- Arrive at the Library at your scheduled time.
- Outdoor signage at the library will guide you to the pickup table.
- Show us your library card through the window. Please make sure your barcode is visible.
- Your items will be placed on a table outside of the building for contactless pickup.
- Follow social distancing guidelines while waiting for your checkout to be processed. Stay at least 6 feet away from other people, and avoid gathering in groups.
Yes! You will be notified by email, text, phone, or mail depending on your preferences.
Standard loan periods apply, which means most items can be kept for three weeks.
We will hold items for 7 days. Items scheduled for pickup will be held for 3 days after a missed pickup.
Contact the library as soon as possible to schedule another appointment or to cancel your holds.
You may pick up a hold for someone else, but you will need to bring their library card with you for identification, and you will need a separate appointment for each library card.
Our contactless system has been designed to follow social distancing guidelines, and to minimize risk to library staff. Staff will, when necessary, deliver items to patrons who require special accommodations. If you need special accommodations, call the library to make arrangements.
Unfortunately, we cannot be certain Library items are 100% virus-free. However, we are following CDC recommendations and we are taking precautions to prevent cross-contamination. We are following social distancing guidelines in the building.
We will also accept a photo ID, like a driver’s license or a state-issued ID.
Yes! If you get an emailed renewal notice, just reply to the email with a photo of your library card (barcode side) and a photo of a valid photo ID proof of residence, like your driver’s license. You can also renew at Curbside. Call 262-532-8920 to schedule your appointment, and let us know that you will be renewing your card.
You can reset your password online. Please do not ask for password assistance at the hold pickup table.