Check out our new Teen Space!
The Menomonee Falls Library is a great place for teens to study or take a break from studying! We’ve got it all in our new Teen Space, where you can do homework, lounge with a book, play games, and hang out with friends. The space, located on the second floor and bordered by the Young Adult Collection, including YA fiction, non-fiction, manga, and graphic novels, is open during regular Library hours. It was built to meet the educational, social, and recreational needs of teens in our community with input from the Teen Advisory Board.
This is a “teen-only” space (ages 12 – 18). Guardians and siblings are allowed in the teen space if accompanied by a teen or when browsing materials for a period of time not to exceed 20 minutes. This dedicated area addresses needs, and provides resources, specifically for teens.
Features of the Teen Space include:
- Collaborative study areas with smart boards (connectable via HDMI)
- Teen-only computers
- Lounge and café-style furniture
- New YA book collection
- YA Magazines (Game Informer, J-14, Otaku USA,and Thrasher)
- White board and chalkboard wall
Future Features will include:
- Gaming devices, including a PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, with teen rated games
- Tabletop games and card games
- Teen programs, activities, and crafts